A Demolition Permit is required any time a structure is torn down on a property. If you are going to need a demolition permit, it is recommended to plan ahead because it requires approval from the Kirksville Historic Preservation Commission(KHPC) before it can be issued. This process can take a week or so depending on KHPC members' schedules.
The Permit fees are indicated on Exhibit A: Fee Schedule.
- Basic Required Permit Information
- Address of the location of repair/remodel
- Is this property commercial, single family, or multi-family
- Owner’s name and address
- Contractor’s name and address
- Total cost of demolition including labor & materials
The City of Kirksville requires demolition specifications that must be followed. Contact Codes & Planning at 660.627.1272 for more details. In addition, the State of Missouri requires that all building demolition waste be deposited in a State Licensed Landfill.
For citizens that meet the eligibility criteria, some assistance is available through our demolition program. The application and criteria is available through our Economic Development division.